An interim campaign is a part of the plot, but is not a proper campaign. Usually, they last only one or two sessions, but some interim campaigns are longer than others. They add to the plot of whatever dream of Arplakoon they are part of, and they may explore player characters' backstories, relationships to NPCs, and so on. Interim campaigns are effectively divorced from the proper game campaigns, although they may still lead into or be derived from certain plot events.
Generally speaking, an interim campaign will happen with one or possibly two players at most. Essentially, it allows them to do things they consider important to their characters without possibly dominating a scene with all of the players (who may not have the same level of investment in what's going on), or to have important moments that may feel out of place in one of the main stories.
List of Interim Campaigns (The Fall of the Ealdremen Galaxy)
Second Dream of Arplakoon
- Interim: The Empire's Pawn: Cameo, after discovering his potential to wield Eiorozziore, is given a bit of information on the godslayers and trains with Hretlakk Flametail to learn how to control this mythical weapon.
- Interim: The Netherlord's Bargain: Ezwell, seeking revenge, is found by a mysterious stranger who gives him an unusual offer -- if he does as the stranger says, then it may be possible to return what he has lost...
- Interim: The Empire's Sins: Hretlakk Flametail brings Cameo the news of the Alamo Empire's recent actions and also his next mission. Despite how the Alamo Empire has given him a new life away from thievery, Cameo is starting to have some doubts.
- Interim: The Gods' Children: On his mission from Hretlakk Flametail, Cameo encounters several children with unusual powers and apparent connection to some of the godslaying weapons.
- Interim: The Empire's Axe: Cameo is dismissed from the Alamo Empire by Hretlakk Flametail, and she tells him to flee -- lest they seek his execution for his treachery in deliberately failing the mission he was sent on.
- Interim: The Sparrowhawk's Discovery: Jaspur Quellstone and Sjora Starcatcher meet to discuss the apparent fate of Jaspur's missing ship, the AEN Sparrowhawk.
- Interim: The Broker's Downfall: Silver Nightclaw, searching for the truth of what happened to his mother, gets more than he bargained for when he finds a previously-unknown relative named Rail Nightclaw and decides to help her search for her wayward fianceé and get revenge on Scar Nightclaw, Silver's father. With the help of an enigmatic ally, perhaps they'll be able to bring Scar to justice.
- Interim: The Dreamer's Children: Rokordi, lost in the city of Dai Lhan, is found by people who seem to know what she is... and just how she might reclaim her lost memories.